Sunday

Michael and Gretchen's wedding!

Last night we played at a really cool reception in Manhattan at a loft. The couple had already celebrated their ceremony a few months ago. They invited about 150 guests. Of course yesterday was beautiful in Manhattan until about 4 when it started to rain in buckets...In parts of NY there were some power issues which also affected us a little. We had some audio interference with our wireless system but otherwise the power held up. We had a blast playing alot of jazz at the couples request in the beginning and then played a range of fun music. Their first dance was "til there was you"...There was a 2 year old drummer there from California that I will recruit in a few years.....

Deanna,

I had very high expectations from you going into Saturday. After all, if you were good enough to play at Douglas/Jones bash, surely I could expect perfection.

I now must tell you that you and your colleagues were a smashing success! We loved the playing, the singing, the choices, the sensitivity to the crowd. You are not only a true professional, you're best in class!!

Keep in touch and I promise I'll look to you first when I spring for another wedding -- not mine (two is enough!), but one of my kids.

Thanks so much for making our party so special.

sincerely,
Michael Willner

Check out my blog at
http://www.michaelsinsight.com